The Black Pig ScallopineMain, Pork ·2
- Trim the skin off your pork loin – leaving a small layer of fat (how much is up to you). Cut the skin into pieces – toss in a bit of salt and pepper and put into a low oven (approx. 160 degrees) to become crackling.
- Zest your lemon
- Juice the lemon
- Roughly chop parsley
- Roughly chop garlic
- Rinse capers
- Slice the pork loin into 1.5cm “steaks” – you can either leave them like this – or flatten them a little using a mallet.
- Season your flour with salt and pepper to taste – then dust the pork loin through the flour.
- Pre heat a fry pan to a moderate heat – and place a knob of butter in with a dash of olive oil.
- Wait for the butter to brown very slightly then place your pork loin in the pan and cook for approx. 1 minute each side.
- Remove The Black Pig loin from the pan – then add a little more butter and oil – then the lemon zest, capers and garlic.
- Let sizzle for a minute – then finish with a bit of lemon juice and the chopped parsley – pour over your scallopine and serve immediately.
1 x piece The Black Pig Pork loin
50g unsalted butter
30g baby capers (in salt preferably)
1 x lemon
1 x clove garlic
¼ bunch flat leaf parsley
¼ cup plain Flour